We Have Successfully Represented Athletes, Artists, Entertainers and Professional Sports Teams
Over the years we have represented numerous athletes, artist and entertainers and teams including Don King, Missy Elliot, Earl Monroe, Dale Davis, Mario, Russell Simmons, members of the Baltimore Orioles, and the Washington Redskins to name a few. Here are some of our most recent cases:
- We successfully won a judgment in favor of former Baltimore Ravens player Michael McCrary for $33.6 million in total damages. McCary’s former business partners secretly pocketed millions of dollars in insurance money during development of a condominium project in New Orleans.
- We litigated a medical malpractice lawsuit against Johns Hopkins Hospital on behalf of Baltimore Orioles outfielder Nolan Reimhold for injuries suffered due to negligence medical care. After spinal fusion surgery, Reimhold was cleared to engage in strenuous activities too soon – leading to an additional surgery, a lost season and a derailed career. The case was settled for a confidential amount just before trial.
- We successfully represented former Maryland Terrapin tight end Ryan Schlothauer after the athlete was stabbed multiple times in the chest in a Towson bar.
We are not intimidated by large hospitals, corporations, or other entities, and will fight to ensure you receive the maximum compensation you deserve.
While many people believe professional athletes are superhuman, in reality athletes get injured and need skilled medical care to return to play. When they are the victims of medical malpractice, personal injury, or fraud, they need attorneys willing to work as hard as they do to fight for their rights.
Murphy, Falcon & Murphy attorneys are seasoned and aggressive trial lawyers who not only fight for their athlete clients but understand the business of professional sports and the devastating impact that a serious injury – even a temporary one – has on a professional athlete’s career.
We have Successfully Represented Athletes, Artist, Entertainers and Professional Sports Teams.
Professional/Amateur Athlete Defense
While athletes may seem like they have it all, just like others, they experience legal issues which require the assistance of a skilled and aggressive law firm. If you’re a professional or amateur athlete who’s encountered serious legal matters, add the lawyers of Murphy, Falcon & Murphy to your team.
- A reputation as one of the most aggressive, successful firms in the nation, recovering hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients.
- A professional approach to managing media interest in high-profile cases. When there is a high-profile case in the Baltimore area, we are almost always involved.
- A unique approach to our clients. We don’t assign one lawyer to your case, you get an experienced team of lawyers who each play a position on the team to obtain maximum compensation for our Clients.
- Representation on a contingency fee basis. We don’t charge upfront fees for personal injury cases and you don’t pay until we win you financial recovery.
If you need skilled representation with an understanding of the need to maintain your privacy, call us to schedule a free consultation today.
We Handle All Types of Athlete-Related Cases
At Murphy, Falcon & Murphy, we understand the diverse needs of both professional and amateur athletes. Therefore, we offer our legal counsel across a wide variety of sports-related practice areas, including:
- Personal Injury. When an athlete gets injured in a game or match, they may have grounds for a lawsuit – but some leagues may have agreements in player contracts that discourage this. We understand the complexities of these issues, and can give you the insight necessary to explore all your legal options.
- Medical Malpractice. An athlete’s rehabilitation process after an injury may often be prolonged due to a misdiagnosis or even negligence on the part of the doctor – leading to consequences such as shortened careers or even early retirement. We can effectively evaluate your circumstances and build a strong case for maximum recovery.
- Athletes seeking financial security after their career may often confide in business partners and investments that take advantage of their wealth. Our dedicated team can use our resources to investigate any potential wrongdoing and ensure you recover any damages from fraudulent investments.
With our experience in some of Baltimore’s highest profile cases, we’ve gained the knowledge and poise to help you in your time of need.
We Are Here to Fight For You
The attorneys of Murphy, Falcon & Murphy are dedicated to representing you thoroughly and diligently through any legal issues you may be encountering. We employ our experience, skills, and resources to thoroughly examine your case, explore all of Maryland’s complex laws, and undertake aggressive actions to recover any and all damages.
Contact us today for a free consultation. We operate on a contingency fee basis – you don’t pay any fees until we successfully recover damages on your behalf.