Baltimore Products Liability Lawyers
Murphy, Falcon & Murphy: Unparalleled Record of Success
We all buy, use, and interact with manufactured products every day. From medical devices such as heart stents to the cars we drive, we all depend on these products working as advertised and being well-built. Within the context of regular use, all products should be safe and should cause no injuries to their users. When these products harm consumers, it is possible that those who have been injured are the victims of negligent design or manufacturing.
Similarly, if your company has faced negative brand backlash and monetary damage due to false allegations concerning the safety or efficacy of your product, the outcome may be ruinous and could even lead to bankruptcy. In both of these scenarios, it is important to consult a knowledgeable Baltimore personal injury lawyer who has experience in products liability law.
Products Liability Cases in Maryland
Products liability is usually the result of negligence in the design, manufacturing, or marketing of a particular product. In order for a claim to be successful, products liability must be proven with one of four theories:
- Negligence: A manufacturer may be liable for injury if it can be proven that negligence, or disregard for care, was a factor in the production or design of a product.
- Breach of Warranty: If a manufacturer or seller does not fulfill the terms of purchase, including the quality and fitness of a particular product, it is considered a breach of contract.
- Strict Liability: Strict liability holds vendors responsible for all defective products that reach a consumer and threaten his or her safety or property.
- Misrepresentation: If a product is ill-marketed and causes financial losses or harm to the consumer, it may have been misrepresented by the manufacturer or a third-party advertising or marketing organization.
Speak With An Attorney Today
The Murphy, Falcon & Murphy legal team has extensive experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in products liability cases, including hundreds of individual plaintiffs and several mass tort cases where injuries were sustained due to the negligence of defendants such as drug manufacturers. If a product has caused you injury or infringed upon your safety, we may be able to help you recover from these losses and ensure no one else experiences the same breaches in trust.
Contact Murphy, Falcon & Murphy by calling 410.983.6266.
Resource for Products Liability Victims
If you are looking for updates on recent product recalls or related legal information, please visit the following website.
- Products Liability Law: An Overview - Cornell University Law School