Carbon Monoxide Exposure Results in 1 Death, 8 Others Hospitalized
At a hotel’s indoor pool in southern Michigan, a group of people were found unconscious due to what is believed to be carbon monoxide poisoning. Of the 13 people treated for the exposure, at least 8 were hospitalized and one person was found dead.
Among the hospitalized and treated individuals were first responders who were helping those who were unconscious. The hotel is located in Niles, Michigan, just north of the Indiana and Michigan border.
The deceased individual was a 13-year-old boy who was confirmed dead on arrival.
The incident occurred at the Quality Inn & Suites in Niles, with five children being harmed. The police claim that the levels of carbon monoxide at the hotel reached 800 parts per million. The United States carbon monoxide standard is 35 parts per million for one hour of exposure.
Investigations will continue to determine the exact cause of the carbon monoxide poisoning.
If you or someone you love was harmed by the carbon monoxide poisoning in Niles, Michigan, call our injury attorneys at Murphy, Falcon & Murphy. We are here to help.