Guests and Employees Suffer Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at the BWI Westin Hotel
Carbon monoxide poisoning is a silent killer. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, and extremely toxic gas. It can cause sudden illness and death. The most common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. The impact of carbon monoxide poisoning on the brain and the nervous system is invariably permanent and devastating. Victims of carbon monoxide poisoning can develop, among other things:
- Memory deficits
- Brain function abnormalities
- Mood and behavior abnormalities
- Learning disabilities
- Cognitive disabilities
Because these complications are generally irreversible, carbon monoxide poisoning is a devastating and life-altering event.
If you or someone you know is a victim of carbon monoxide poisoning, it is imperative to seek immediate medical attention. You should also do everything possible to protect your legal rights. A person's carbon monoxide blood level is an important indicator of the extent of the carbon monoxide poisoning and predictor of future complications. Unfortunately, the level of carbon monoxide in the blood will naturally decrease overtime. Even a person who is critically poisoned may have normal or close to normal blood carbon monoxide levels within days of exposure. Therefore, if you or someone you know is a victim of carbon monoxide poisoning, it critical that you seek immediate medical attention to avoid health complications and to insure that your blood carbon monoxide level is timely assessed and documented so that your legal rights are adequately protected.
Please call Murphy, Falcon & Murphy if you or a loved one has suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning. At no charge, we will be happy to provide information about your legal remedies as well as additional information about carbon monoxide poisoning and local medical resources.