Searching for the right legal team can be tough. In your most critical hour, who do you choose to stand with you? Finding the right partner is no small task.
At Murphy, Falcon & Murphy, we think the top 10 reasons to select us are clear:
We Have an Unparalleled Record of Success.
Past success is no guarantee of future performance, but it is a good indicator of a firm's professionalism and skill. In this regard, Murphy, Falcon & Murphy's record is unsurpassed.
Consider the following achievements:
- $276 million verdict in a fraud case against First Union Bank
- $44 million verdict in a police brutality case
- $34.3 million verdict in a carbon monoxide poisoning case
- $185 million settlement against Ernst & Young
- $4 million settlement in a birth injury case
- $55 million settlement in an environmental contamination case against Constellation Energy
- $4.77 million settlement in a carbon monoxide poisoning case
- $3 million verdict in a wrongful death case against truck driver
- $2.45 million settlement in a wrongful transplant case
- $3.5 million verdict in a wrongful death case against police officer
- Successfully defending the following individuals and corporations: Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft, Don King, Scottsdale Insurance, Rodney Morrison
We Are Not Just Attorneys. We Are Trial Lawyers.
In reality, most cases settle. Only a small fraction of all cases go to trial. This should raise three important questions for you as a prospective client:
- Since most cases settle, how much trial experience does your lawyer really have?
- Will your lawyer hesitate to take your case to trial if warranted, based solely on their lack of trial experience?
- If insurance companies know this, how does it impact their settlement offers?
Our decision to represent clients rests solely on the merits of the case, not the ease by which it could settle. It bears repeating: we are more than just litigators, we are trial lawyers. When we enter our appearance on your behalf, the defendant, defense attorney, and insurance company will know that we will go to the mat for you.
You Don't Hire an Attorney. You Hire a Team.
We litigate cases quite differently than most other law firms. Most firms will assign your case to a single lawyer. You are not even guaranteed to have the lawyer you initially called. In the end, your case will reflect only the abilities of one lawyer.
At Murphy, Falcon & Murphy, we reject this model of representation. If you retain us, you retain our entire firm. In each of our cases, our success reflects the collective wisdom and experience of our entire team.
We Have a Reputation for Excellence, Both in Baltimore & Nationally.
Our attorneys have been recognized many times over the years for their exemplary representation and outstanding victories. Our success rates dwarf the national average, and this has not gone unnoticed in the public eye. Murphy, Falcon & Murphy has developed a reputation as Baltimore's powerhouse law firm committed to representing aggrieved citizens, patients, and consumers.
Our Baltimore trial lawyers have amassed numerous accolades, including:
- 100 Top Trial Lawyers in the U.S., American Trial Lawyers Association
- Top 50 Most Influential Marylanders, The Daily Record
- Top 10 Criminal Lawyers in Maryland, Baltimore Magazine
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, Trial Lawyers for Public Service
- Maryland Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, Super Lawyers Magazine
- Charles Hamilton Houston Award for Lifetime Achievement in Litigation, University of Baltimore School of Law
- Thurgood Marshall Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lifetime Award, Black CEO Summit Trailblazer Award
- Whitney M. Young, Jr. Memorial Award, Urban League of Greater Baltimore
Our Focus Is You.
Because of our reputation and success, our cases are carefully selected. Quality, not quantity defines how we choose cases. This means our lawyers are able to focus on a limited number of cases at any given time. In turn, each case is treated with a high degree of attention and diligence. Our promise to you is that you will not be treated as just another file on someone's desk.
You Are an Integral Part of Our Legal Team.
Our model of representation requires a close and collaborative relationship with our clients. We rely on you for information and guidance throughout the entire litigation process. From written discovery to depositions and examinations at trial, you are an integral part of our litigation team. This makes us better and more effective lawyers. It also ensures that your voice is heard and that your interests alone are what define our goals and objectives.
We're Committed to the Baltimore Community.
Murphy, Falcon & Murphy is truly Baltimore's law firm. We got our start in the Cherry Hill section of the city and have since grown in size and spectrum. But while we may be assisting injured individuals throughout the country, our roots remain here in Baltimore.
We continue to collaborate with numerous local organizations and charities, including:
- National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship
- Monumental City Bar Foundation
- The Honorable William H. and Madeline W. Murphy Scholarship Fund
- Gillis Foundation of Kansas City
- Baltimore Women's Bar Association
- Take Back the City
- Baltimore Women's League
- University of Baltimore Foundation
- Legal Aid Bureau
We See Great Value in All Forms of Diversity.
We are a melting pot of diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and social backgrounds. Our lawyers are former judges, nurses, teachers, law professors, public defenders, assistant state's attorneys, lobbyists, and politicians, among others. Many of our lawyers are also multilingual. Our collective experience makes us better advocates for our clients. To us, diversity represents a tremendous wealth of experience, which cannot be taught or bought. It enables us to relate to our clients and to see and appreciate important subtleties that our opponents often ignore.
We Work on a Contingency Fee Basis.
We work with clients on a contingent-fee basis in civil cases. This means that we alone invest our resources to ensure your recovery. Unless we win or settle the case, you don't owe us a dime.
We've Got the Resources to Compete.
Litigation is expensive, and because we work on a contingency fee basis, we cover all the upfront expenses. Before you hire a law firm, it is important to make sure it is financially sound. Because of our unprecedented success, we will not be outspent by defendants or their insurance companies. Our promise to you is to never compromise your interests in exchange for a quick and minimal settlement. We will devote our full resources to providing you with the maximum recovery.